This chocolate meting moments recipe is perfect as a treat or something you could have as a small dessert. As eggs are left out, it is a great choice for those who are allergic. This particular recipe makes 12 chocolate melting moments.
- 125g (4.4 oz) butter, at room temperature.
- 60g (2.1 oz) icing sugar and more for dusting.
- 100g (3.5 oz) plain flour.
- 25g (0.8 oz) cornflour.
- 20g (0.7 oz) cocoa powder.
How to Make Chocolate Melting Moments
- Beat butter and sugar using a hand beater or an electric beater on low until smooth, creamy and combined.
- Sift the plain flour, cornflour and cocoa together into a bowl (if you don’t have a sieve, just make sure you mix them well until combined).
- Add the flour mixture little at a time to the butter mixture and mix until its all combined.
- Make small balls with the dough and press gently. Space them a good 2 inches apart on a tray. The cookies spread while baking. I didn’t need to use a baking sheet, the cookies were quite well-behaved and didn’t stick to the tray at all.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before removing from the tray and
- Dust with some icing sugar.
- You can store these for about 4 days in an air tight container.
- Its great to pack and send people, or to take to someone’s house when u are visiting.
- If u want a more rounded shape for your chocolate melting moments, shape into
balls and don’t flatten. The cookies flatten as they bake so the
rounder u start off, the more rounded the end result.