Skip to content
Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe:
- Heat olive oil, garlic, salt, green ginger root and pepper in a skillet or in the top pan of a chafing dish over a flame.
- Add flank steak and brown the meat lightly for a minute or two.
- Add soy sauce,sugar and cover the skillet.
- Cook the beef for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove the meat and keep it warm.
- Add bean sprouts, tomatoes,and green peppers to the pan juices.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and stir in the cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Cook, whilst stirring until the sauce is thickened.
- Turn into a warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
List of ingredients required:
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp green ginger root, finely chopped.
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin diagonal slices.
- 4 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1/2 tsp sugar.
- 2 cups bean sprouts.
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped.
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into strips.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- 1/4 cup cold water.
- 2 or 3 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces.