Beef Stroganoff With Mushrooms Recipe
Beef Stroganoff With Mushrooms Recipe:
- Cut 2 pounds tender beef into narrow strips 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches long.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Let the meat stand for 2 hours in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
- Make a roux by blending 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon flour over a gentle heat until the mixture bubble and is smooth.Gradually stir in 2 cups beef stock.
- Cook until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons prepared mustard.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons thick sour cream.. stirring constantly.
- Simmer gently without boiling.
- Brown the pieces of meat in 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sauté 3 cups mushrooms and 1 onion (both firmly sliced), lightly in butter.
- Cover the saucepan.
- Put it over hot water for 20 minute.
- Serve hot.
List of ingredient required:
- 2 pounds tender beef.
- 1 tablespoon flour.
- 2 cups beef stock.
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard.
- 4 tablespoons thick sour cream.
- 3 cup[s mushrooms, firmly sliced.
- 1 onion, firmly sliced.