- 400g (14 oz) flour
- 20g (1 tbsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100g (3 oz) Bake margarine
- 40g castor sugar (1 oz)
- 180ml (6 fl.oz) water
To ‘milk wash’ is to brush dough with a little milk before baking to give it a golden brown finish.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Rub in the Stork Bake margarine to make fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the sugar and water.
- Stir with a knife until well incorporated.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface and press down to about 1cm thick.
- Cut out scones with a scone cutter.
- Place on a greased baking tray and milk wash.
- Bake at 220ºC for 15 – 20 minutes.
Temperature 220ºC (428 ºF)
Baking time: 15 – 20 min