Caviar and Cucumber Aspic Recipe
Caviar and Cucumber Aspic Recipe:
- Sprinkle caviar in the bottom of a lightly oiled ring mold.
- Peel and slice cucumbers.
- Add 3/4 cups water and white wine vinegar each.
- Cook slowly until tender.
- Force the cucumber mixture through a fine sieve to make a smooth puree.
- Add gelatin soaked in 3/4 cup cold water, a few drops of onion juice, 1 generous tablespoon of white wine, a few grains of cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a little vegetable coloring, strain and pour into the mold over the caviar.
- Cool then chill until the gelatin is set.
- Unmold the aspic on a serving dish.
- Fill the center with chopped hard-cooked eggs mixed with chopped raw onion.
- Garnish with mayonnaise forced through a pastry bag with a fancy tube
- 3 large cucumbers.
- 1 1/2 envelopes gelatin.
- White wine.
- Onion juice.
- Green vegetable coloring.
- Hard-cooked eggs, chopped.
- Raw onion, chopped.