Danish Apple pudding Recipe:
1. Peel, core and slice the apples
2. Place the apples into a heavy based pan with 3tablespoons of water.
3. Cover the apples and cook them over a low heat for 5 to 10minutes until they are soft.
4. Mash them roughly and put them into a shallow bowl to cool.
5. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and cook the breadcrumbs over medium heat for about 2 to 3minutes while turning them.
6. Add the sugar and raise the heat a little.
7. Continue cooking for another 5 to 10minutes
8. Leave it to cool for about 5minutes on absorbent kitchen paper
9. Stir the yoghurt or cream in the apple mixture and spread a layer of this mixture over the bottom of a glass dish
10. Crush and separate the breadcrumbs and sprinkle a layer over the apple mixture
11. Repeat the process and finish with a layer of breadcrumbs.
12. Serve with extra cream or yoghurt if desired (do not leave the dessert too long before serving it)
List of ingredients:
(serves 4 people)
1 and 1/2 lb (700g) dessert apples
1 and 1/2 oz (40g) butter
5 oz (150g) fresh brown breadcrumbs
2 oz (50g) dark, soft brown sugar
150ml natural yoghurt or cream