This baked cheese fondue recipe is very easy to follow and it makes an absolutely delicious fondue without the expensive things you would normally require. Here you put together American cheese and cottage cheese for a delightful flavor and smooth texture. This one is similar to preparing it strictly in a casserole and it does not require a lot of preparation time.
Baked Cheese Fondue Recipe:
- Scald the milk.
- Stir in butter.
- Remove from heat and add the crumbs and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Beat the egg yolks slightly and add the first mixture gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into buttered shallow 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake in a pan of hot water in a moderate oven, 325°F, for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center of the fondue comes out clean.
- Makes 6 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 1/4 cups milk.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 2 cups small fresh bread crumbs.
- 1 cup grated American cheese.
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese.
- 4 eggs, separated.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard.
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire.