These tuna balls are scrumptious and perfect for a started. Served with a very nice polka dot sauce that might make you feel like you are in heaven. Most of the ingredients needed in this recipe, are easy to find but some of them we already have in our homes.
Tuna Balls Recipe:
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the celery.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat cottage cheese with either a rotary beater or an electric mixer until almost smooth.
- Add egg and thoroughly blend.
- Combine with Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, tuna and coarse bread crumbs.
- Shape into 12 small balls using about 3 tablespoons mixture for each ball.
- Roll in dry bread crumbs and chill in refrigerator.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet: add tuna balls and cook over low heat, turning frequently to brown evenly.
- Serve immediately or with Polka Dot Sauce.
List of ingredients required:
- 5 tablespoons butter.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery.
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese.
- 1 egg.
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire.
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 1/2 cups drained, flaked canned tuna.
- 1 cup day-old coarse bread crumbs.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs