Microwave Steamed Whole Lobster:
Yield: 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 11 to 18 minutes
- 1/2 cup clam broth or dry white wine.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds) fresh lobster, pegged.
- Combine broth and salt in 3 or 4 quart casserole.
- Heat 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until liquid boils.
- Place live lobster in casserole.
- Cover and heat 9 to 15 minutes or until shell turns red.
- Let stand covered for 2 minutes.
- Split tail section to test if it’s done.
- Lobster meat should be opaque.
- If not, cover and heat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Butter.