Skip to content
Stuffed Clams Normande
Stuffed Clams Normande.
- Place 18 well-scrubbed large clams in a kettle with just enough water to cover the bottom.
- Cover the kettle.
- Steam the clams over a brisk flame until the shells open.
- Remove the meat from the shells.
- Discard the tough necks.
- Chop the clams finely.
- Mix them with 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or scallions.
- Sauté 3 tablespoons finely chopped mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the mix.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons minced chives, 1 teaspoon minced parsley or chervil and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- Sir in 1 teaspoon Sherry and just enough white white to moisten the mixture.
- Heap the mixture into the clam shells.
- Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Add a dash of paprika if you like.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350ºF) for about 15 minutes or until the crumbs are golden.
List of ingredients required:
- 18 large clams, well scrubbed.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or scallions.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mushrooms.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced chives.
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley or chervil.
- Bread crumbs.
- 1 teaspoon Sherry.
- Dry white wine.
- Dash of paprika (optional).