Skip to content
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml sugar
- 250 ml cooking oil
- 625ml self-raising flour
- 5 ml baking soda
- 5ml cinnamon
- 1ml salt
- 750ml coarsely grated carrots
- Optional: walnuts
- Beat eggs and sugar until creamy
- add cooking oil to and beat, sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Fold into the egg mixture and add the carrots
- Place in an oven-proof bowl and bake for 180°C (356°F) for 35 to 40 minutes
- 700ml caster sugar
- 200ml smooth cream cheese
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Optional: Walnuts
- Mix butter, icing sugar using a hand blender.
- Add cottage cheese and vanilla essence.
- Spread over cake decorated with nuts.