200g (7 oz) tennis (or any other plain sweet) biscuits
10g (1 envelope) sachet powdered gelatine
45ml (3 tbsp) water
250ml (1 cup) fresh cream, whipped to stiff peaks
397g (14oz) full cream, sweetened condensed milk
400g (14 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
5ml (1 tsp) lemon zest
10ml 2 (tsp) lemon juice
- Line the base of a 20x20cm (7.8″x7.8″ cake tin with half the biscuits in a single layer and set aside.
- Place gelatine into a small microwave safe bowl and add the water.
- Allow to sponge while you whip the cream.
- Place sponged gelatine in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds at 100% power until melted.
- Set aside while you add the condensed milk to the whipped cream together with the pineapple, lemon zest and juice.
- Scoop a bit of this mixture into the gelatine and mix well.
- Add this back into the bowl with the rest of the mixture and stir very well making sure that the gelatine is well distributed.
- Pour half this mixture over the biscuits and top with the remaining cookies.
- Pour the rest of the mixture over these biscuits and allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Cover in grated dark chocolate or Flake just before serving.