These colorful, fresh fruit tartlets can me made with any fresh fruit you like. The raspberries can be sifted with icing sugar, instead of being glazed.
Quantity: 12 tartlets.
Fresh Fruit Tartlets Recipe:
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out twelve 12.5 cm (5 inch) circles with a round cutter.
- Use it to line twelve 10 cm (4 inch) tartlet tins.
- Trim the edges and prick the base of each tartlet with a fork.
- Place the lined tins on baking sheets and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake blind at 220ºC (425ºF) mark 7 for 20-25 minutes until very lightly browned.
- Allow the cases to cool a little in their tins.
- Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make an apricot glaze.
- Brush the glaze evenly over the inside of each pastry case.
- Reserve the remaining apricot glaze.
- Divide the crème pâtissière equally between the pastry cases and spread it evenly.
- Arrange the cherries attractively in three of the cases, the grapes in six and the kiwi in the remaining ones.
- Reheat the remaining apricot glaze until boiling.
- Carefully brush it over the green grapes and the kiwi fruit to glaze them evenly.
- Heat the redcurrant jelly until boiling.
- Carefully brush it over the cherries and the black grapes.
- Once glazed, the fruits may be sprinkled with finely chopped nuts or a few toasted flaked almonds, if liked.
- Serve as soon as possible.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 quantity of almond pastry.
- Half quantity of crème pâtissière.
- 100 g (4 oz) dark, well flavored, cherries. Stoned and halved.
- 100 g (4 oz) black grapes, halved and deseeded.
- 100 g (4oz) green grapes, halved and deseeded.
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced.
- 225 g (8 oz) apricot conserve.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Kirsch.
- 100 g (4 oz) redcurrant jelly