Skip to content
Chicken Momi Recipe
Chicken Momi Recipe:
- Grind through the finest blade o the food chopper, 1/2 pound each of lean pork, and beef, 3 slices white bread soaked in cream pressed, and 1/2 medium sized onion.
- Season with 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger, and a pinch each of cayenne pepper and monosodium glutamate.
- Chop 10 water chestnuts coarsely.
- Mix them with the forcemeat.
- Bone carefully 4 chicken breasts that weigh 1/2 pound each.
- Fold the stuffing into the breasts.
- Salt the breasts lightly and arrange them on a baking pan lightly sprinkled with oil.
- Bake the chicken in a moderate oven (350ºF) for 35 minutes, or until it is tender.
- Split two pineapples lengthwise.
- Remove and discard the cores and slice the flesh into chunks.
- Cut each cooked, stuffed breast into 4 slices.
- Reshape it on top of the pineapple in the shell.
- Spread the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon honey and some of the juices from the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Put the shells into a hot oven to brown the seeds.
List of ingredients required:
- 1/2 pound veal.
- 1/2 pound lean pork.
- 1/2 pound beef.
- 3 slices white bread.
- 1/2 medium sized onion.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- Pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Pinch of monosodium glutamate.
- 10 water chestnuts.
- 4 chicken breasts.
- Two pineapples.
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- Sesame seeds.