Continental beef strips are specially cooked and served on hot noodles. This recipe is absolutely mouth watering. You might expect to remain in the kitchen for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours but it is worth it. The ingredients are easy to come by and it wont’ cost you an arm and a leg.
Continental Beef Strips Recipe:
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add meat sprinkled with onion salt, salt and pepper.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Push meat to one side of the skillet.
- Add green pepper.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water and pour over meat.
- Cover the skillet, simmer for about 40 minutes over low heat, until meat is tender.
- Uncover, add pimiento, mushroom slices and liquid.
- Mix Dip ‘N Dressing and flour.
- Add to the skillet mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot noodles.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 Tablespoons butter.
- 1 1/2 Pound top sirloin of beef, cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion salt.
- 1 Teaspoon salt.
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper.
- 1/4 Cup green pepper, finely chopped.
- 1 Beef bouillon cube.
- 1 1/4 Cups hot water.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pimiento.
- Scant cup canned mushrooms slices and liquid (4-oz can).
- 1 Cup French Onion Dip ‘N Dressing.
- 2 Tablespoons flour.
- Hot noodles.