Skip to content
Lamb Loaf Recipe:
- Wash 1 cup burgul, or cracked wheat.
- Soak it in cold water for 1 hour.
- Grind 1 pound lean lamb with 1 onion.
- Put the mixture through the food chopper again.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drain the soaked burgul and combine it with the meat.
- Add a little ice-cold water if necessary to malleable.
- Put the kibbe through the food chopper gain.
- Spread half the kibbe in a buttered baking pan.
- Smooth it with a knife dipped in cold water.
- Grind 1/2 pound fat lamb.
- Season it with 1 onion.
- Brown in butter with 1/4 cup shelled pine nuts.
- Cover the kibbe with the ground lamb with onion and shelled pine nuts.
- Cover this layer with the rest of he kibbe.
- Cut the loaf into diamond shapes.
- Dot generously with butter.
- Bake the loaf in a moderately hot oven (375ºF) until the kibbe on top has a rich golden-brown crust.
List of Ingredients Required:
- 1 Cup burgul or cracked wheat.
- Cold water.
- 1 pound lean lamb.
- 2 onions.
- 1/2 Pound fat lamb.
- 1/4 Cup shelled pine nuts.