- Sift 1 cup flour and a pinch of salt into a warm bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add 1 tablespoon salad oil, 3/4 cup warm water and 1 egg yolk.
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly but quickly.
- The batter will be thick.
- Cover the bowl.
- Let the batter stand in a warm place for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fold in 1 egg white, beaten stiff.
- Dip the fish into the batter.
- Drain off the surplus batter.
- Fry the fish in hot deep fat at 360ºF to 380ºF, depending on the size of the fish.
- Small pieces of fish should be fried at a higher temperature.
- Drain thoroughly on paper toweling.
- Serve with any desired sauce or side dishes.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 cup flour.
- pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon salad oil.
- 3/4 cup water.
- 1 egg, separated.