Skip to content
- Combine 6 cups of water with 2 large onions.
- Ground 1/2 pound fresh pork, half fat and half lean through the fine blade of the food processor.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme, sage and black pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Bring the liquid slowly to the boil.
- Simmer it for 15 minutes, stirring with a fork to prevent the meat from forming lumps.
- Add very slowly in a thin trickle, 1/2 pound water-ground yellow corn meal, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour the scrapple into a square loaf pan to cool and set.
- To serve, unmold the loaf and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Brown the sliced scrapple on both sides on an ungreasedgriddle.
- Serve with scrambled eggs, tart applesauce and toasted muffins.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 Onions, chopped.
- 1/2 pound fresh pork, half lean and half fat.
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
- 1/2 teaspoon sage.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 pound water-ground yellow corn meal.