Boiled Apple Dumplings Recipe:
1. Sift together into a bowl 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons suger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon double-action baking powder and a pinch of cinnamon.
2. Cut in 4 tablespoons shortening and moisten the mixture with enough cold water, dry white wine or sharp cider to make a soft dough.
3. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured board to 1/4 inch thickness and cut in into 6 squares, large enough to wrap securely around the apples.
4. Peel and core 6 apples, place each one on a square of dough and fill the cavities with as much white or brown suger as the will hold. They may also be stuffed with mincedmeat, jam or dried fruit pulp mixed with chopped nuts.
5. Wrap the squares of dough around each apple and tie each dumpling in a piece of muslin lightly larger then the dumpling to allow for expansion during the cooking.
6. Drop the wrapped dumplings into rapidly boiling water and boil them for 40 to 45 minutes.
7. Remove the muslin from the dumplings and serve them hot with hard sauce or maple syrup.
List of ingredients required:
2 Cups flour
2 Teaspoons suger
1/2 Teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoon double-action baking powder
Pinch of cinnamon
4 Tablespoons shortening
Dry white wine or sharp cider
White or Brown suger or Mincedmeat, Jam or Dried fruit pulp mixed with chopped nuts
Hard sauce or Maple syrup