Skip to content
Duchess Potatoes Recipe:
- Peel 2 pounds potatoes.
- Cut them into even pieces.
- Cook them in boiling salted water to cover until they are soft but not mushy.
- Drain and dry by shaking the pan over the fire until the moisture has evaporated.
- Rub the potatoes through a sieve or put the through a ricer.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pepper to taste.
- Add 2 slightly beaten eggs with 2 egg yolks.
- Beat in the mixture with a spoon until it is fluffy.
- Duchess potatoes are used to garnish hot serving dishes.
- Pipe the mixture through a pastry tube in a decorative design.
- Return the dish to the oven or place under the broiler to brown.
- Or brown the potatoes on a baking sheet in any desired shape.
List of ingredient required:
- 2 pounds potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 eggs.