Skip to content
- Beat 2 eggs whites until stiff.
- Mix them with 1 cup almond paste.
- Flavor with 1/2 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract.
- Add about 1 cup confectioners’ sugar or enough to make the mixture stiff enough to handle.
- Let it stand overnight, covered with a damp cloth.
- Next day, color the paste with a variety of vegetable coloring and mold into small shapes of fruits and vegetables-pears, apple, peaches, potatoes, carrots and pumpkins.
- Mazipan may be used to stuff pitted dates and prunes or it can be formed into small balls with walnut or pecan halves on each side.
List of ingredients required:
- Beat 2 eggs.
- 1 Cup almond paste.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon or Vanilla extract.
- 1 Cup confectioners’ sugar
- Vegetable coloring.
- Pitted dates.
- Walnut halves.
- Pecan halves.