Skip to content
Ham à la King Recipe:
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter is a saucepan.
- Add5 tablespoons flour.
- Cook over very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the pan from the heat from time to time to prevent the flour from browning.
- Add gradually 2 cups hot milk and 1 cup hot cream.
- Cook, stirring until the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in 2 cups diced ham and 1/3 cup pimentos, cut into thin strips.
- Add a little of the hot sauce to 3 lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the sauce.
- Sauté 3/4 cup green peppers, cut into slivers and 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender but not brown.
- Combine the two mixtures, correct the seasoning with salt.
- Finish with 1/4 cup dry Sherry.
List of ingredients required:
- 8 tablespoons butter.
- 5 Tablespoons flour.
- 2 Cups hot milk.
- 1 Cup hot cream.
- 2 Cups diced ham.
- 1/3 Cup pimentos, cut into thin strips.
- 3 Egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- 3/4 Cup green peppers, cut into slivers.
- 1/2 Pound mushrooms, sliced.
- 1/4 Cup dry Sherry.