Skip to content
Codfish Balls with Bacon Recipe:
- Beat 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk until foamy.
- Add 8 ounces shredded salt codfish and 2 cups mashed potatoes.
- Beat the mixture with a fork to blend it thoroughly.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream,
- Add 1 tablespoon each finely chopped parsley and chives,
- Add 1 teaspoon grated onion, a pinch each of thyme, nutmeg and cayenne and a little salt to taste.
- Mix well and drop by tablespoons into hot deep fat.
- Fry the codfish balls until brown, turning them once.
- Drain well and serve with broiled bacon slices and rich tomato sauce.
List of ingredients required:
- 1Whole egg.
- 1 Egg yolk.
- 8 Ounces shredded salt codfish.
- 2 Cups mashed potatoes.
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons heavy cream.
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley.
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chives.
- 1 Teaspoon grated onion.
- a Pinch each of thyme, nutmeg and cayenne.
- a Little salt to taste.
- Broiled bacon slices.
- Rich tomato sauce.