This time we are cooking something called corned beef hash pinwheels. It is basically corned beef hash rolled into some biscuit dough. These small but delicious rolls are a great snack, picnic food, or even a quick dinner. Your kids might even love them, just pop one in their lunch box for school.
Corned beef hash pinwheels recipe:
- Add buttermilk to biscuit mix.
- Mix well, the dough should be soft but not sticky. (if it’s too dry, add more buttermilk)
- Pat or roll the dough into 12 x 14 inch rectangles on a lightly floured surface.
- Mix has, mustard, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread it on the dough.
- Roll up firmly, beginning at wide side.
- Cut into 6 slices.
- Place cut side up on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot even (425°F) for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Serve hot with Buttermilk Tomato Sauce.
Buttermilk Tomato Sauce
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add 4 tbsp. flour.
- Mix well.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups buttermilk all at once.
- Stir vigorously over moderate heat until thickened.
- Add 1/4 cup chili sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and better.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 cup buttermilk.
- 1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix.
- 1 pound corned beef hash.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise.
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce.
- Buttermilk Tomato Sauce.
- 4 tbsp. butter.
- 4 tbsp. flour.
- 1/4 chili sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup.