Chrismas Plum Pudding:
1. Combine 1/2 cup Stale fine Spongecake crumbs with 1 cup hot milk and let the mixture stand for 20 minutes.
2. Beat 4 eggs with 2 taespoons each brown sugar, granulated sugar and rum. Add this to the milk-crumb mixture alternately with 1/2 pound ground beef kidney suet.
3. Mix together 3/4 cup flour, 1 scant teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground nugmeg and 1/3 teaspoon each ground mace, cloves and cinnamon. Sift these ingredients once.
4. In a large Mixing bowl place 3/4 cup each seedless raisins, chopped figs and candied chopped cherries, 1/2 cup each dried dates, almonds and pecans all chopped, 1/2 cup seeded raisins, 1/4 cup each finely chopped walnut, candied orange peel, plain lemon peel and citron and 2 teaspoons each finely chopped candied apricots and candied pineapple.
5. Sift over these ingredients the spiced flour, tossing well.
6. Combine with the cake-crumbs and suet mixture, stirring well and moisten with 3/4 cup dry white wine.
7. Turn the mixture into a generously buttered mold, tie over the mold a wet, floured cheesecloth and adjust the mold cover tightly.
8. Steam for 3 and 1/2 to 3 and 3/4 hours in constantly boiling water, adding more boiling water as needed.
9. Remove the mold from the water and cool. Store it in a cool, dark, dry place for atleast 1 month to riben and mellow.
10. When ready to serve, steam again for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Unmold the pudding, pour over it 3 tablespoonsheated rum or brandy and set aflame.
List of ingredients required:
- 1/2 Cup Stale fine Spongecake crumbs.
- 1 Cup hot milk.
- 4 Eggs.
- 2 Taespoons brown sugar.
- 2 Taespoons granulated sugar.
- 2 Taespoons Rum.
- 3/4 Cup flour.
- 1 Scant teaspoon salt.
- 1 Teaspoon ground nugmeg.
- 1/3 Teaspoon ground mace.
- 1/3 Teaspoon cloves.
- 1/3 Teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3/4 Cup seedless raisins.
- 3/4 Cup chopped figs.
- 3/4 Cup candied chopped cherries.
- 1/2 Cup dried dates.
- 1/2 Cup almonds.
- 1/2 Cup pecans chopped.
- 1/2 Cup seeded raisins.
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped walnut.
- 1/4 Cup candied orange peel.
- 1/4 Cup plain lemon peel.
- 1/4 Cup citron.
- 2 Teaspoons finely chopped candied apricots.
- 2 Teaspoons candied pineapple.
- 3/4 Cup dry white wine.
- 3 Tablespoonsheated Rum or Brandy for a sauce.