Skip to content
Blackberry Mouse Recipe
- Press the blackberries through a nylon sieve to make a purée, about 225 (8fl oz)
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl with the caster sugar until very thick.
- Whisk in the blackberry purée.
- Whip the cream until thick enough to leave a trail on the surface when the whisk is lifte, then fold int the blackberry mixture.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture will form a heavy trail.
- Whisk the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks, then fold into the blackberry mixture.
- Spoon the blackberry mousse into six serving glasses and chill four about 2 hours.
- Serve decorated with fress blackberries and their leaves, hung in clusters over the sides of the glasses.
- 225 g (8oz) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) double cream
- a few blackberries, with leaves (if possible) for decoration