This recipe makes delicious, light and fluffy biscuit sweet potato biscuits. It is great way to use up those leftover mashed sweet potatoes by using them for another recipe. You can use these biscuits on sandwiches or just eat them as is. If you have no ingredients, you can easily purchase all of them at your local supermarket or even a convenience store.
Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe:
- Sift 1 cup all-purpose flour in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons double-action baking powder.
- With your fingertips or a pastry blender, quickly work in 6 tablespoons shortening.
- Stir in 6 tablespoons milk and 1 cup, cooked, mashed sweet potatoes.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board for half a minutes.
- Roll the dough out to the desired thickness.
- Cut in with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Thin biscuits are crisp are crusty, thick biscuits are tender and flaky.
- Bake the biscuits on a buttered baking sheet in a very hot oven (450°F) for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are browned.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt.
- 2 Teaspoons double-action baking powder.
- 6 Tablespoons milk.
- 1 Cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes.