With winter approaching in the US, you would certainly like some potato casserole warm and straight out of the oven after a long day’s work or perhaps anytime you desire. Potatoes are usually a favorite amongst families because they are easy to prepare ans a potato dish normally does not cost that much. As for ingredients: we usually have these items already but if you need to purchase something, it will be inexpensive. Makes between 6 and 8 servings.
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked in skins.
- 5 tablespoons butter.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions.
- Ground rosemary.
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese, beaten smooth.
- 1/4 cup sour cream.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten.
- 2 teaspoons flour.
Potato Casserole Recipe:
- Peel potatoes and slice thin.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add the potatoes and onion: cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally with pancake turner, until lightly browned.
- Turn into bottom of 1 1/2 quarts rectangular casserole.
- Sprinkle with a dash of rosemary, few grains of salt and pepper.
- Blend together the cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, flour, a dash of rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grains of pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven at 375° for 35 minutes or until set.
- If you want, sprinkle with chives before serving.