Chocolate Eclairs Recipe
Chocolate Eclairs Recipe:
- Line two large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper, cutting it to fit neatly.
- Put the choux pastry into a piping bag fitted with with a 1 cm (1/2 inch) plain nozzle.
- Pipe the choux pastry on to the lined baking sheets in short straight lines, 9 cm (3 1/2 inches) long, cutting the choux pastry cleanly away with a small knife.
- Bake at 200°C (425°F) mark 7 for 20-35 minutes until well risen, golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and pierce each ecliar at the end to allow the steam to escape.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to dry out completely.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Put the crème pâtissière into a piping bag fitted with a 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) plain nozzlee and pipe the cream into the eclairs, shake them gently to make sure the cream goes right to the bottom.
- To make the icing, put the chocolate in a deep plate with the water.
- Place the plate over a saucepan of hot water until the chocolate melts, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the butter.
- Dip the top of each eclair in the chocolate, then place on a wire rack and put in a cool place until set.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 Quantity of choux pastry.
- 1 Quantity of crème pâtissière with 65 g (2 1/2 oz) plain chocolate melted with the milk.
- 100 g (4 oz) plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter