Baked haddock with cheese sauce is basically haddock fillets covered in a scrumptious cheese sauce and then baked to perfection. This is a good recipe if you want to create a nice fish dinner without spending a lot. Think of it as a budget meal but without taking away the great taste. You can easily buy these ingredients from your local supermarket.
Baked Haddock With Cheese Sauce Recipe:
- Wipe fillets dry.
- Place it in a well-greased baking dish.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour in all the milk at once.
- Immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened while stirring constantly.
- Add the Cheeze Wiz or canned cheese soup, dry mustard, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place over low heat and stir until cheese is melted.
- Beat with rotary beater to blend spices.
- Pour over fish and bake in a moderate oven, 350°F, for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 lb fresh or frozen haddock fillets.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3 tablespoons flour.
- 1 1/2 cups milk.
- 1/3 cup Cheese Wiz or creamed cheese soup.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Few grains of pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.