Potato Pancakes Recipe:
- Peel 6 medium potatoes.
- Grate them.
- Or cut them into small pieces and put them in an electric blender until they are reduced to a thick purée.
- Spoon off as much as possible of the potato liquid.
- Beat in 2 large eggs.
- Beat in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fine cracker crumbs or matzo meal to make a batter.
- Fry the batter by tablespoons in a generous amount of hot fat.
- Turn the cakes to brown and crisp both sides.
- A little grated onion or parsley may be added to the batter.
- Serve with applesauce.
List of ingredients required:
- 6 medium potatoes.
- 2 large eggs.
- Fine cracker crumbs or matzo meal.
- Graded onion or minced parsley, if desired.