Swiss Fondue Recipe
Swiss Fondue Recipe:
- Rub the inside of an earthenware casserole with a clove of garlic.
- Place the pot in the bottom pan of the chafing dish.
- Add just enough water to the pan to protect the bottom.
- Heat 1/2 bottle dry white wine in the casserole.
- Add 1 pound Switzerland Swiss cheese, grated or cubed.
- Heat the mixture.
- Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and well blended with the white wine.
- Make sure you keep the bottom of the chafing dish pan covered with water.
- Make a paste with 3 tablespoons flour mixed with cold water.
- Stir the paste into the cheese.
- Season with a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 4 tablespoons kirsch.
- If the fondue thickens too much, stir in a little more kirsch.
- Eat directly from the earthenware casserole.
List of ingredients required:
- 1/2 bottle dry white wine.
- 1 pound Switzerland Swiss cheese, grated or cubed.
- 3 tablespoons flour.
- Pinch of nutmeg.