- Sift together 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon double-action baking powder and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Cut in 3/4 cup butter with a pastry blender.
- Add 1 egg.
- Add 1 tablespoon milk.
- Make a dough that can be handled.
- Chill the dough for an hour.
- Grate 1/2 pound Cheddar, Parmesan or Edam cheese.
- Roll the chilled dough on a lightly floured board into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle half of the dough with half of the grated cheese.
- Cover it with the rest of the dough.
- Press the edges together to seal in the cheese.
- Fold the dough in half again.
- Roll it out to its original size.
- Repeat the process.
- Cut the dough into finger sticks.
- Bake the sticks on a dry baking sheet in a hot oven (450ºF) for about 10 minutes.
- Store in a tightly covered metal container.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 cups flour.
- 1 tablespoon double-action baking powder.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 3/4 cut butter.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tablespoon milk.
- 1/2 pound Cheddar, Parmesan or Edam cheese.