Braised lamb shanks are slowly simmered with chopped parsley,marjoram, lemon juice and white wine. This is a fantastic dish for guests, as all the prep work is done at the beginning, and then you just have to wait for the cooking process to complete.
Braised lamb recipe:
- In a heavy skillet, brown 2 pounds diced lamb, 3 slices of minced lean bacon, and 1 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons lard or butter.
- Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup dry white wine and cook until the wine is reduced to half.
- Add barely enough water to cover the meat.
- Cover the kettle and simmer the lamb for 45 minutes or until it is tender.
- With a fork, mix lightly 3 egg yolks with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a little of the hot liquid in the kettle.
- Add the yolks, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 1/2 teaspoon marjoram.
- Remove the meat from the fire and stir in the egg mixture.
- Cover the kettle and let the stew stand 5 minutes before serving.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 Pounds lamb, diced.
- 3 Slices lean bacon, minced.
- 1 Onion, chopped.
- 2 Tablespoons lard or butter.
- 3 Tablespoons flour.
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine.
- 3 Egg yolks.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley.
- 1/2 Teaspoon marjoram.