Skip to content
Partridge Pie Recipe:
- Cut 3 partridge into serving pieces.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Sauté the pieces gently until they are brown but not cooked through.
- Cut 1/2 pound each of veal and smoked ham into thin slices.
- Line a deep, buttered pie dish with the meat slices.
- Add the partridge and 3 hard cooked eggs, sliced.
- Add 9 mushroom caps and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 1 cup rich chicken stock over the mixture.
- Add another layer of thinly sliced veal and smoked ham.
- Cover the dish with pie crust.
- Press the edges to the rim of the dish.
- Make several slits in the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
List of ingredients required:
- 3 Partridge.
- 1/2 Pound veal.
- 1/2 Pound smoked ham.
- 3 Hard cooked eggs.
- 9 Mushroom caps.
- 1 Cup rich chicken stock.
- Pie crust.