Our BLT Stuffed Avocados just looked so scrumptious that we had to share this easy and inexpensive recipe for all of you to enjoy.
- 2 large avocados
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC degrees.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and carefully remove the peel.
- Rub the outsides of each half with some fresh lemon juice. This will help them maintain their nice color. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stuff the avocados with as much of the filling as you can fit, allowing the filling to come up over the sides a bit.
- Place the avocados on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the filling has turned a light golden brown.
- Serve immediately