Barbecued Herb Chicken
Barbecued Herb Chicken:
- Combine 3 tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest and a a dash of lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Cook over a low flame, until the butter is melted.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Split 3 broilers and sprinkle them generously with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Put the broiler halves in a hinged double broiler.
- Broil them skin-side up about 2 inches from the coals for 10 minutes.
- Stick half a lemon on the end of a long fork.
- Use it as a dipper and baste the chickens frequently with the prepared sauce.
- Turn the chickens.
- Broil them for 10 minutes longer until the skin is evenly browned and the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the chickens on heated plates.
- Pour over the remaining basting sauce.
- Garnish the plate with water cress.
List of ingredients required:
- 3 tbsp butter.
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard.
- 3 Broilers.
- 1 lemon.
- Grated lemon zest.
- Lemon juice.
- Water cress.