Dinner Rolls Recipe:
1. Boil a Scale 3/4 cup milk, stir in 1/4 cup suger, 1 and a 1/4 teaspoon salt and 4 and a 1/2 tablespoons butter and cool the mixture to lukewarm.
2. Soften 2 envelopes or cakes of yeast in 3/4 cup lukewarm water in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the lukewarm milk, mix thoroughly and stir in 2 and a 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour.
4. Beat until smooth and stir in another 2 and a 1/4 cups sifted flour, to make a rather rough and sticky dough.
5. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead for about 8 minutes or until the dough is smooth and sleek.
6. Put it into a buttered bowl, brush lightly with melted butter and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place for 50 minutes or until double in bulk.
7. Punch the dough down and form it into rolls of any desired size and shape. Place the rolls on buttered baking sheets, cover, and let them rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
8. Bake the rolls in a hot oven (425 degrees F) for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 2 dozen meduim sized rolls.
List of ingredients required:
2 Envelopes or cakes of yeast