Skip to content
- Chop very finely enough leftover veal to make 2 cups.
- Soak 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs in milk to cover for a few minutes.
- Drain well.
- Combine them with the veal.
- Cook enough chopped onion until golden, to make 2 cups in 1 balespoon melted butter, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper.
- Add 1 beaten egg and 4 tablespoons veal gravy.
- Mix thoroughly
- A few finely sliced, cooked onions may be added.
- Line a deep pie plate or shallow casserole with pie dough.
- Put in the veal filling.
- Cover with a thin layer of dough.
- Brush the top with a little milk.
- Prick the dough with a two-tined fork.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 375ºF, for 35 to 40 minutes until the crust is well browned.
List of ingredients required:
- Leftover, cooked veal.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 egg, beaten.
- 4 tablespoons veal gravy.
- Pie dough.