This tenderized steak with spicy sauce recipe is ideal for a quick and easy dinner without spending a lot of time preparing your meals. For some, most of these ingredients are already present which means you don’t have to spend a lot just to have a great meal.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- about 4 tenderized steaks, 3 – 5 mm thick
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or 5 ml (1 tsp) dried
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) tomato sauce
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) fruit chutney
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground masala
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan. Add steaks and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add more oil if necessary and fry onions until soft and starting to turn brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Return steaks to pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with cooked potatoes, or mashed potatoes.