This English Cheese Soup recipe is quite easy to make and you hardly have to spend a dime on it, unless you don’t have the Old English cheese. Apart from that, the rest of the ingredients are usually on a person’s shopping list.
Makes 6 servings
List of ingredients requirements:
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup flour.
- 4 cups milk.
- 2 beef bouillon cubes.
- 2 tsp. grate onion.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire.
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard.
- 1/2 lb. Old English cheese, grated.
- 1/4 cup cooked grated carrot.
- Chopped parsley.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Mix in flour until smooth.
- Pour in milk all at once and add bouillon cubes; immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened and bouillon cubes are dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Add onion, Worcestershire, salt, mustard, grated cheese and carrot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cook 1/2 cups canned luncheon meat cut in very small cubes, until crisp and browned.
- Drain and add to cheese soup.