Little chicken pies can be used as snacks at any occasion. Whether it is your partner’s birthday or a get-together, these might impress. All you need is a little chicken, some extra ingredients and you will be all set. This is very easy to make but you might want to pay attention when put them in the oven. As will all items you bake, you need to make sure it stays in until it is fully cooked. Make sure you make enough little chicken pies for everyone. They are not too big, so you might even indulge yourself in taking two.
Little Chicken Pies Recipe:
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour in milk and stock, all at once.
- Immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line 6 individual pie pans with pastry.
- Fill with chicken.
- Pour 3 tablespoons sauce over each.
- Cover with pastry.
- Seal the edges.
- Cut slits in the top of the pies.
- Bake in a hot oven, 425°F, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Lift gently from tins.
- Serve with the remaining hot sauce.
- Makes 6 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- 6 tablespoons flour.
- 1 1/2 cups milk.
- 1 1/4 cups cold chicken stock.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken.