Kippered Herring Recipe:
- Split kippers without breaking the back skin.
- Place them skin-side down on an oiled pan.
- Brush them with melted butter, lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180ºC (350ºF), for about 10 minutes.
Alternative cooking method:
- After the butter and seasoning have been applied, close the fish to it’s original form.
- Wrap the fish in aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180ºC (350ºF), for about 15 minutes.
Serve with baked or scrambled egg
List of ingredients required:
- 3 pounds of kippers.
- 4 tbsp butter.
- 1 lemon, juiced.