Chicken fricasee is usually a French stew that contains chicken and vegetables. This particular recipe has chicken and kernel cob as its vegetable. The spices give off a fantastic aroma during cooking which may cause your mouth to water even without having a plate in front of you. Please note that some of the chicken fricassee recipes you may find elsewhere, would probably require alcohol during the cooking process.
Chicken Fricasee Recipe:
- Simmer chicken in water, 1 tablespoon salt and bay leaves in a covered kettle for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Discard the bay leaves and skim the fat.
- Simmer to reduce the broth to 2 cups.
- Gradually add and mix 3/4 cup milk into flour until smooth.
- Add it gradually to the broth, stirring vigorously.
- Add the remaining 1 3/4 cups milk all at once over moderate heat, stirring vigorously.
- Season with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and thyme.
- Add corn and heat until piping hot, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place the chicken on a warm platter and cover with gravy.
- Makes 6 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 pound chicken, cut in portions.
- 4 cups hot water.
- 4 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 7 tablespoons flour.
- 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Pinch of ground thyme.
- 2 cups cooked whole kernel cob.