Wild Rice and Chicken Livers Recipe:
1. Wash 1 cup wild rice and soak it in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and put the rice in a saucepan with 3 cups boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon salt a pinch of thyme, pepper to taste and a bouqest garni.
2. Cover and simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring frequently and adding more water if necessary.
3. Saute’ 1 meduim sized onion finely chopped in 4 tablespoon butter until golden add 1 pound chicken livers, cut in pieces and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Place the livers in a casserole with the cooked rice and remaining liquid, discarding the bouquet garni.
5. Blend the mixture thoroughly and taste for seasoning.
6. Dot the serface with 3 tablespoons butter, place the casserole in a moderate oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve from the casserole.
List of ingredients required:
1 Cup wild rice
3 Cups boiling water
1/2 Teaspoon salt
A pinch of thyme
Pepper to taste
A bouqest garni
1 Meduim sized onion
7 Tablespoon butter
1 Pound chicken livers