This veal and noodle casserole recipe contains just about everything you would want it to, with a little sour cream as well. It might take you about an hour to make this dish but it makes about 4 servings.
Veal and Noodle Casserole recipe:
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a skillet.
- Add meat and lightly brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Add enough water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups.
- Pour the liquid over the meat.
- Add onion, bouillon cube, marjoram, 3/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until tender.
- Blend in a bowl the following: sour cream, flour and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add meat and gravy, mix well.
- Gently fold in the noodles.
- Melt the remaining tbsp. butte in a skillet.
- Add and lightly brown the sliced mushrooms.
- Fold into veal-sour cream mixture.
- Pour into 2-qt casserole.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for 20 to 30 minutes until bubble at sides.
List of ingredients required:
- 3 tbsp. butter.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lean veal, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 6 tbsp. canned mushroom liquid.
- 1 beef bouillon cube.
- 1/4 tsp. ground marjoram.
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 1/6 tsp. ground pepper.
- 2 cups sour cream.
- 2 tbsp. flour.
- 8-oz. pkg. broad egg noodles.
- 3/4 cup drained, canned sliced mushrooms.