Scalloped oysters do not require a lot of time or fancy equipment to make. All you need are a few oysters, butter, cracker crumbs and milk to make a mouthwatering starter. This combination of ingredients is just a few well-chosen ones so you really do not need to scrimp on anything. You can make your own cracker crumbs by crushing saltines in a zip-top plastic bad using your hands or better yet, a rolling pin. You can serve scalloped oysters as a special side dish or as a first course. You can event present this bubbling hot dish while everyone is anticipating a big dinner. This scalloped oysters recipe is a good choice if you plan a celebration or perhaps a holiday meal. It will depend on your guests though. Please make note of any allergies before you attempt to make it.
Scalloped Oysters Recipe:
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup crumbs in a buttered 8″ pie pan.
- Moisten carefully with 1/4 cup milk.
- Cover with half of the oysters.
- Repeat these three above-mentioned steps.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Moisten carefully with the remaining milk.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 375°F, for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 3 to 4 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 3/4 cup fine cracker crumbs.
- 3/4 cup milk.
- 2 dozen fresh medium oysters.
- 2 tablespoons butter.