Rum Omelet Recipe:
- Beat 6 eggs until just blended and add 4 tablespoons cold water, mixing well.
- Melt 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter in the top pan of the chafing dish over a direct flame.
- Add the egg mixture and cook over a medium flame, stirring the sides with a fork and tilting the pan so that the uncooked egg will run into the vacant place and reach the heat.
- Sprinkle the omelet lightly with a little salt and turn it carefully.
- When it is set, fold it and sift a little sugar over the top. Turn out the lights.
- Pour 1/2 cup rum all around the omelet and set it on fire.
- While the rum is burning, dip up some of it with a long-handled spoon and ladle it over the top of the omelet.
- When the flame begins to flicker, put it out and serve the omelet immediately.
- The sugar may be singed in strips with a hot iron rod. Or the omelet may be garnished with preserved fruits before the rum is added.
List of ingredients required:
- 6 Eggs.
- 4 Tablespoons cold water.
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons butter.
- 1/2 Cup rum.
- Preserved fruits.