This mushroom salad Milanese is a healthy recipe, low in calories and delicious. If you like mushrooms and salad, well here you get the best of both worlds. You can create this salad in as little as 30 minutes and if you want to churn out a lot more than 4 servings, you can easily do that without worrying about it taking hours.
Mushroom Salad Milanese Recipe:
- Wash mushrooms and peel, leaving the cap and stem together.
- Heat water and lemon juice to boiling in saucepan.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and place in a bowl with the salad dressing.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours, turning the mushrooms occasionally to marinate them throughly.
- Cut the mushrooms in half.
- For each salad, mound 1/3 cup of cottage cheese in the center of the salad greens.
- Place 1/2 tomato slice with a half mushroom (cut-side down).
- Garnish the top with cheese and three olive slices.
- Makes 4 servings
List of ingredients required:
- 4 large mushrooms.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing.
- 1 1/3 cups creamed cottage cheese.
- Salad greens.
- 1 tomato, cut in 4 slices and halved.
- 4 stuffed olives, cut in thirds.