Microwave Sukiyaki Recipe:
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Approximate cooking time: 12 to 19 minutes.
- 2 1/4 pounds sirloin steak.
- 1 Tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced.
- 2 green peppers, cut into thin strips.
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced diagonally.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans bamboo shoots, drained and sliced.
- Slice steak, across grain, into 1/8 inch thick bite size pieces.
- Preheat browning dish 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour oil into heated browning dish.
- Add meat and quickly brown.
- Heat 3 to 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meat to a 4 quart casserole dish.
- Discard drippings.
- Combine broth, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add vegetables and soy sauce mixture to the casserole.
- Stir to combine.
- Heat covered for 9 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.